Deadline: 10 May 2015
Open to: young people interested in design and nature
Venue: 2-16 August 2015, Tara, Serbia
MEDS is a network that hosts annual workshops for young people with an interest in design. The ‘Workshop’ is a two-week event that takes place in August each year, and is the main ‘meeting’ of MEDS. Within the workshop there are number of projects led by Tutors (design students or professionals), who have applied to create their concept – along with their team of eager and talented Participants – during the Workshop. The Workshop has a central theme that all of the projects are based on. This year it is “Ground Zero” – a chance to start a new, as if we are the only people left to rebuild civilisation on Tara.
Organising team provides the framework, materials, and programme, the Tutors detail and oversee individual projects during the workshop. Participants are assigned to projects based on their choices according to the ‘Happiness Algorithm’ (an unbiased distribution of participants according to gender, nationality and preference). They then collaborate with the Tutor to complete a project, and at the end of the two weeks, they will present their work to the other participants and local people.
Young people with interested in design and nature. Those who want to apply for tutors positions must be flexible, problem-solvers, creative and excellent communicators.
Fee for this workshop is 295€. By this provides the following:
- Lunch / Dinner;
- Swimming pool pass;
- 24/7 medical care (ambulance);
- Basic insurance;
- Transportation from Bajna Basta to Mitrovac;
- Workshop participation;
- Welcome package (T-shirt, notebook, pencils, maps, etc.);
- Certificate for contribution to improvement of the environment of National Park Tara.
How to apply?
There are two available options for applying:
- Participant (Application for participants will be opened later)
- Tutor (apply via online application form)
Application itself should contain the following information:
- Tutor name and surname;
- Email address for contact;
- Country of origin;
- Desired project location;
- Number of people involved;
- Short description of project;
- Project specification in PDF format.