Deadline: 11 August 2017
Open to: emerging artist, arts administrator or a programmer from around the world
Venue: September 2017 – March 2018 | Singapore and Malaysia
The Artists for a Better World program seeks to grow the Arts for Good ecosystem, which harnesses the power of arts and culture to create positive social change. This year, the program will focus on exploring how the arts can create positive social change for people with disabilities.
Through the Artists for a Better World program you will:
- Build capacity through gaining exposure, expanding perspectives and growing understanding and skills needed such as program design, impact measurement, and stakeholder management
- Connect with professionals from a regional ecosystem including corporates, social welfare organizations, education and cultural institutions that are keen in harnessing the arts for social change
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Emerging arts and culture practitioners from any genre or art administrators or programmers from social welfare organizations;
- Interested in arts-based projects aimed at creating social impact within the disabled community;
- Have prior experience working with a community through the arts;
- Able to attend all segments of the program;
- Conversant and able to work in English;
- Of any age and nationality.
What support will successful applicants receive from The Singapore International Foundation?
a. For successful applicants, SIF shall provide the Individual with monetary compensation up to Singapore Dollars Three Hundred (SUSD300) or fifty percent (50%) of travel-related expenses (only flight or bus tickets, travel insurance, visa and two-way airport transfer), whichever value is lower, which will be disbursed at the end of the respective study trips, based on the receipts submitted to and accepted by SIF;
b. Local on-the-ground transport, accommodation, and meals reflected within the program will be provided and arranged directly by the SIF and reflected within the program booklet, during the two study visits in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur;
c. The Singapore International Foundation will not support any other expenses incurred during the duration of the program.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.